Why Sustainable Palm Oil?
With its great versatility, energy efficiency, high yield, and its price relative to other vegetable oils, Palm Oil has become the world’s most traded vegetable oil. Growing global demand has resulted in expansion of Oil Palm cultivation raising concerns about long term ecological and social effects. Ensuring that palm oil is cultivated in a sustainable way requires that the global markets insist on it and are ready to support it.
Sustainably produced palm oil:
• Safeguards social interests, communities and workers
• Protects the environment and wildlife
• Supports poverty reduction
• Fulfills increasing global food demand
• Supports affordable food prices